Saturday 12 February 2011

university

HA! well.... erm...... ya uni.... I think the problem is that i still want to go back outside and build a dam in the creek that used to flow behind our house in North Carolina. For almost nine years (i think) i would take a shovel and a bucket with a broken handle down the long ass hill that our house was built on and toil for hours on end to build, in my eyes, the greatest modern marvel of architecture ever seen in the form of a mud dam. You had to find the right space to build this creation because if you didnt you would simply spend hours hurling mud into water without any progress.... there was this one spot that was perfect! it was really shallow and funnled so that all the water had to pass through one point. Me, and ofter my childhood freind Truman, would shovel the mud furiously into position in order to hold back the tides and in doing so, would eventually create a dam that would come up to our hips (and me having been 6 foot 5 exiting the womb, you can see how it was quite an achivement). Quite a few times if i remember correctly we would then crack the dam to watch the water tear it apart but would forget where we were standing.... directly in front.... then the long ass hike back up the hill to surrend ourselfs to mommies disaproving eyes. Yes, there were so many good times to look back on like trying to make my red and white striped radio flyer wagon break through the sound barrier racing down the long ass hill, or trying to make it fly with small trees we stuck out either side and attaching curtians to it. I just remember shouting as i steered the wagon down the Hill at formula 1 speeds towards a stone wall, "PUMP HARDER," to Truman who would have had been waving the "wings" up and down and as hard as he could. Or possibly the countless times My sister, the Gift girls (Jennifer&Rebecca), and I, playing dress up. Looking back now on those stories we played i can see how much of a drama queen was forming in me. Our favorite story being "the trail of tears", a historically acurrat reinactment of the march  the native american inndians had to go through from western north caroline to oklahoma i think..... anyway.... my sister was always the lead indian along with the gift girls filling in as multiple different women ( where the male indians had gone i have no idea... i think they marched the other way) And I...................... I was the pet monkey. who had been caught up in a hurrican of the coast of madagascar and swept into the path of the travling indians somewhere around Kentucky.

....... I think i got a bit carried away........

anyway... now im here. Uni. where has time gone to? im sitting on my bed thinking about all the adventures ive had so far, im happy in the one im in now, cant wait for the next one and im so glad that i have the next bit to go through with you! :D (que the sappy violin music)

4 comments:

  1. I seriously laughed my guts out over this. 'Lead Indian' being Grace is where the laughter turned to snort laughs and tears. So so so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... so the mental picture of you and Truman in the wagon with his arms flapping, WOW is all I can say. You've turned into a very talented young man, although it is clear by your tale that you were also a very clever boy. I love your middle name BTW. Don't think I ever knew it. Hope you're well.

    Charleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twinkie....Please post again. I read this way back and it was a mega awesome memory-jolter. I miss you and your laughter. Please keep making me laugh from a distance.

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is hilariously wonderful. so many good memories! i'm so glad i stumbled upon this. i understand the difficulty of actually continuing to write in these things. i really do. but i hope you will, as these memories are near and dear to me. well, perhaps mostly dear. the nearness only happens when someone with a much better memory remembers them for me.... thank god for siblings and dear dear friends. :)

    ReplyDelete